A year-end gift to your parish or one or more of our permanent endowments in honor or memory of a family member or friend helps fulfill our mission of providing for Christ’s ministries for the benefit of current and future generations. The following are a few year-end giving pointers to consider:
- Be sure to complete all gifts on or before December 31 to take advantage of charitable giving benefits for the 2018 tax year.
- Consider donating appreciated stock or mutual fund shares as such gifts may provide greater tax savings than if you were to write a check.
- If you are age 70-1/2 or older, you can make a charitable distribution directly from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA) to a qualified nonprofit. Such gifts count towards your required minimum distribution and are tax-free.
- Designate an endowment within the Independent Catholic Foundation as beneficiary of a paid-up insurance policy that is no longer needed.
- Join our St. Simon Society with a $1,000 gift – half of which supports our current needs with the remaining half being invested into the Foundation’s permanent endowment for future administrative support. (Additional details are on the “Giving” menu on this website.)
- Create a permanent endowment with us with $10,000 or a donor-advised fund with $25,000 for the benefit of your parish or local Catholic school or ministry.
To designate your year-end charitable gift to one or more of our endowments, please visit the “Permanent Endowments” page of this website for a current list by funding category.
Instructions for donating stock or making gifts from an IRA may be found on our “Give Now” webpage.